Here is how this format works:
- In-person Class: September 30th, 2023 from 9am to 4pm in Miami. A one day intensive class in Miami, including a tasting of 12 wines.
- Webinar Sessions: October 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th. Live, interactive classes, where students will have the chance to ask questions and receive answers in real time. The virtual classes will take place once a week on Wednesday nights via Zoom, from 6 to 8pm. All sessions will be recorded.
- Exam: The exam will be held on November 4th in Miami.
- You will need access to a reliable internet connection on a PC or Mac. The software connection will be provided by us via Zoom, and students will receive a dedicated webinar passcode that will enable them to join the private sessions.
- A guided tasting tutorial will still be given during each webinar. Students will have the opportunity to purchase the recommended tasting samples from our shop 305wines.com. Purchase of the wines is not a requirement for participation, although extremely helpful.
Be among the first to earn the SWS post-nominal & Spanish Wine Scholar title!
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ education program is the most advanced and comprehensive certification course on the wines of Spain. The syllabus takes a regional approach and discusses all Spanish wine appellations and the factors that shape their identities.
The program was created by Spanish wine specialist Rick Fisher, Spanish Wine Scholar™ Education Director. Wines from Spain (ICEX – Spain’s Trade & Investment Government Agency) has endorsed the program in recognition of its exceptional level of depth, accuracy, detail, and academic rigor.
The Spanish Wine Scholar study and certification program confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exam (Ex: John Smith, SWS). With a school network encompassing 30 countries on 5 continents, the SWS credential has true international recognition.
Set yourself apart from your peers and specialize in the wines of Spain!
Our sessions will include online instruction with tutored tasting taught by approved instructors, plus:
- The 315-page full-color Spanish Wine Scholar study manual.
- 1-year access to the Spanish Wine Scholar online study program for class preparation and review.
- Registration for the Spanish Wine Scholar exam.
Who is this program for?
This advanced study program is designed for all committed students of wine, including:
- Wine professionals wishing to specialize in the wines of Spain.
- Aspiring wine professionals looking to enter the wine industry with serious knowledge on the wines of Spain.
- Serious wine hobbyists as well as Hispanophiles whose main interest is everything Spanish.
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 100 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 60 minutes. The Spanish Wine Scholar (SWS) credential will be conferred to those individuals who achieve a score of 75 or higher. Candidates scoring 85-90 pass with Honors. Candidates scoring 91-100 pass with Highest Honors.
You must be at least 21 years of age to attend the course and to participate in any alcohol tasting. A minimum of 5 students is needed for this course.
Sign up now!