This course is an intermediate level qualification, designed for those employed in the wine business, wanting to further your career in the beverage industry or for wine and spirits enthusiasts seeking to deepen their knowledge. We taste about 50 wines and four spirits, in total. For all WSET qualifications, we provide students with the proper ISO tasting glasses to use during class at no additional charge.
- The major grape varieties and wine regions in the world
- Wine styles, classification, and labelling
- Basic overview of spirits and liqueurs
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wine
- Basic principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Issues related to the safe consumption of wine
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 60 minutes. A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and will receive a lapel pin.
You must be at least 21 years of age to attend the course and to participate in any alcohol tasting.
- Miami – Feb/2018 (evening course): Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 6 pm to 8.30pm, beginning Feb 21. Last day and exam: March 8th.
- Miami – Intensive course: February 23rd and 24th, 2018 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Miami – Intensive course: April 20th and 21st, 2018 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Miami – Intensive course: May 18th and 19th, 2018 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Miami – May/2018 (evening course): Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 6 pm to 8.30pm, beginning May 10th. Last day and exam: May 24th.
- Miami – Intensive course: June 22th and 23th, 2018 from 9 am to 5 pm.
Use the drop-down menu to select the dates and cities. We currently offer L2 in Miami, Naples, Fort Lauderdale or online (click here).