Bourgogne, or Burgundy, is the wine region that perhaps more than any other gives agency to the concept of terroir. Traditionally and historically Bourgogne shows appreciation for and welcomes the subtle nuances that allow for incredible diversity in wines that are made almost exclusively from just two grapes.
In this Masterclass students will learn about the history that shaped Bourgogne, both politically and geologically. Appellation structure and understanding wine labels will also be covered as students taste through 6 wines.
The class will be led by Celeste Bailey, WSET Level 3, FWS, Master of Bourgogne.
List of wines:
– Louis Moreau Chablis 2017
– Meurgey-Croses Pouilly Fuissé Vielles Vignes 2014
– Alex Gambal Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru 2015
– Domaine Michel & Marc Rossignol Volnay 2016
– Domaine Rene Cacheux & Fils Vosne-Romanee 2017
– Gerard Raphet Gevrey Chambertin Lavaux St Jacques Premier Cru Cuvee Unique 2017
Date: October 30th, 2019 from 6.30-8.30pm. Small bites will be served.
Florida Wine Academy
1 SE 3rd Avenue, Suite 1440 (14th floor) – SunTrust International Center
Miami, FL. 33131
More information: email@example.com