The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting 27+ wines and learning about theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
The price includes the WSET Level 2 Study Pack (2022 version), tuition, all wines, exam, certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the examination). Mailing of Study Pack and result materials (certificate and lapel pin) to continental USA is included in the cost of course. For all WSET in-person qualifications, we provide students with the proper wine tasting glasses to use during class at no additional charge.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties
- The style and quality of wines made from regionally important grape varieties, produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of Sparkling wines & Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
Find out more about the learning objectives here: WSET Level 2 in Wines Specification (2022).
In-person on Friday and Saturday, from 9am-5pm. Please select dates below.
The course is based around 17 hours’ of of class time (of which 1 hour is for the examination) and 11 hours’ private study time.
Course instructors are Alessandra Esteves DipWSET, Lyn Farmer DipWSET, Rebecca Hodges WSET L3 Certified, and Nicole Ramos WSET Certified. You can learn more about our team here.
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 60 minutes. The assessment will take place at the end of the second day of class. A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and will receive a lapel pin. Mailing of Study Pack and result materials (certificate and pin) to continental USA is included in the price.
Kindly note that you have six months, from the course start date, to sit the exam. After six months, you will have to purchase and re-take the entire course before you can sit the exam.
You must be at least 21 years of age to attend the course and to participate in any alcohol tasting.
If you need to cancel or change the date of the course for any reason you can do so up to 15 working days before the course starts for a $25 administrative fee. Making changes to your registration within 15 business days of the course start date will result in an administrative change fee of $250. No refunds are given for changes made within 3 business days of the course start date.
- Miami: January 26th and January 27th, 2024, from 9am to 5pm (2-day intensive course). Exam is on January 27th, 2024, after the class.
- Miami: February 23rd and February 24th, 2024, from 9am to 5pm (2-day intensive course). Exam is on January 27th, 2024, after the class.
- Miami: April 5th and April 6th, 2024, from 9am to 5pm (2-day intensive course). Exam is on January 27th, 2024, after the class.
More dates coming soon! For private classes and other dates, please email email@example.com.
All courses will take place at the Miami Culinary Institute – Food & Wine Theater in Downtown Miami.
We are also offering the WSET Level 2 in Wines certification online. Click here for more information.