The WSET Online courses are done as complete self study, with students having access to their online modules for a set period of time.
Students should hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines or be able to demonstrate knowledge at this level. It will be assumed that students have basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English.
What you’ll learn
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Find out more about the learning objectives here: WSET Level 3 in Wines Specification (2022).
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a short-written answer paper. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines. All exams are in Miami, FL. Contact us for your exam date.
Wine Tasting Kit* by Master the World (valued at $300)
The price for the WSET Level 3 online includes:
- 18-bottle Wine Tasting Kit* ($300 value)
- All exam fees, certificate and lapel pin
- 12-months access to the online course and materials
- USPS shipping (certificate) to any US address, and Ground shipping (wine kits)**
*This kit is made for WSET L3 students who are training their palates to recognize benchmark wines from around the world. Orders are processed within 7 days of receipt. Ground shipping is included through UPS/Fedex from Northern California and can take up to 7 business days. You will receive a shipment notification when your order is processed to ship.
**Master the World usually ship via UPS to most US states except for the following: AL, AR, DE, KY, MS, RI, SD and UT. They can also ship to AK, HI and some international destinations for an additional charge – Please email directly at somm@MTWwines.com.