The WSET Online courses are done as complete self study, with students having access to their online modules for a set period of time.
Students must hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines prior to registering for this course. It will be assumed that students have basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English.
What you’ll learn
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Find out more about the learning objectives here: WSET Level 3 in Wines Specification (2022).
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a short-written answer paper. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines. All exams take place in person, in Miami. It is not possible to sit this exam online. Kindly note that we run this exam on set dates throughout the year, and there may be a period of time in-between finishing your online course and the next available exam date. More information will be provided upon course registration.
All students will be sent printed study materials to the mailing address provided upon course registration and will receive tracking information when the materials have been shipped. We recommend adding the email address ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to your safe sender list, in order to prevent any relevant communication going to spam. It is the responsibility of the student to liaise with USPS regarding any issue relating to the delivery of these materials. Florida Wine Academy is unable to replace printed study materials free of charge in the case that an issue arises with delivery. Kindly note that in the situation where a student wishes to cancel their course registration, the cost of the printed study materials is non-refundable.
Wine Tasting Kit* by Master the World (valued at $300)
The price for the WSET Level 3 online includes:
- 18-bottle Wine Tasting Kit* ($300 value). Kindly note that these are tasting samples of small 187ml bottles, rather than the standard 750ml.
- All exam fees, certificate and lapel pin
- 12-months access to the online course and materials
- USPS shipping (certificate) to any US address, and Ground shipping (wine kits)**
*This kit is made for WSET L3 students who are training their palates to recognize benchmark wines from around the world. Orders are processed within 7 days of receipt. Ground shipping is included through UPS/Fedex from Northern California and can take up to 7 business days. You will receive a shipment notification when your order is processed to ship.
**Master the World cannot ship to the following US states: AK, AL, AR, DE, HI, KY, MS, RI, SD and UT.