WSET Level 3 is an advanced level qualification, for those working in the wine industry or for wine and spirits enthusiasts seeking a vast knowledge of wine. This qualification provides a thorough understanding of the various factors affecting wine style, quality, and price of wines.
The price includes the WSET Level 3 Study Pack, 80 different wines, tuition, printed materials, exam, certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the examination). For all WSET qualifications, we provide students with the proper ISO tasting glasses to use during class at no additional charge.
The key factors in the production of the principal wines of the world and describe how these influence wine style, quality, and price
- The key factors in the production of sparkling wines and fortified wines and spirits and liqueurs
- Be able to provide information and advice to customers and staff about wine and spirits
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. There is also a blind tasting of two wines. A minimum mark of 55% in each part is required to achieve a pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and will receive a lapel pin.
You must be at least 21 years of age to attend the course and to participate in any alcohol tasting. It is strongly recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or CMS Level 2, prior to registering.
All bookings are refundable or can be changed up to 3 weeks prior to the course date. We will charge you an administrative fee of $240 to change the date of a course. Within 15 days of the event, no refunds will be provided, except under exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of Florida Wine Academy.
- Miami – April 2018 Intensive course: April 23rd, to April 28th, from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Miami – July 2018 Intensive course: July 9th to July 14th, from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Miami – Extensive course: Mondays from 6pm to 8.30pm, beginning on August 20th to November 26th. Exam is December 3rd at 6pm.
- Miami – October 2018 Intensive course: October 1st to October 6th, from 9 am to 5 pm.
Use the drop-down menu to select the dates. All Level 3 courses are in Miami, FL.