WSET Level 3 is an advanced level qualification, for those working in the wine industry or for wine enthusiasts seeking a vast knowledge of wine. This qualification provides a thorough understanding of the various factors affecting wine style, quality, and price of wines.
The price includes the WSET Level 3 Study Pack (2022 version), tuition, exam, certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the examination). Mailing of Study Pack and result materials (certificate and lapel pin) to continental USA is included in the cost of course. The hybrid course also includes a tasting of 10 wines during the in-person class.
- The key factors in the production of the principal wines of the world and describe how these influence wine style, quality, and price
- The key factors in the production of sparkling wines and fortified wines
- Be able to provide information and advice to customers and staff about wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Find out more about the learning objectives here: WSET Level 3 in Wines Specification (2022).
This is a hybrid course, with one in-person class, seven live webinars, and an in-person review prior to the exam.
The course is based around 32.5 hours’ of of class time, including the examination, and 51.5 hours’ private study time. All class time will take place in person in Miami (exact location to be confirmed).
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. There is also a blind tasting of two wines. The exam must be taken in person and will be held on set dates throughout the year. A minimum mark of 55% in each part is required to achieve a pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and will receive a lapel pin. Mailing of Study Pack and result materials (certificate and pin) to continental USA is included in the price.
Kindly note that you have one year, from the course start date, to sit the exam. After one year, you will have to purchase and re-take the entire course before you can sit the exam.
You must be at least 21 years of age to attend the course and to participate in any alcohol tasting.
You must hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines prior to registering.
All bookings are refundable or can be changed up to 3 weeks prior to the course/exam date; kindly note that we will charge you an administrative fee of $300 to change the date of a course/exam. Within 15 days of the event, no refunds will be provided, except under exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of Florida Wine Academy.
We need a minimum of 8 students to be able to offer this course. Florida Wine Academy reserves the right to cancel an event or class. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
All students will be sent printed study materials to the mailing address provided upon course registration (so long as the address is in the continental USA) and will receive tracking information when the materials have been shipped. We recommend adding the email address ‘email@example.com’ to your safe sender list, in order to prevent any relevant communication going to spam. It is the responsibility of the student to liaise with USPS regarding any issue relating to the delivery of these materials. Florida Wine Academy is unable to replace printed study materials free of charge in the case that an issue arises with delivery. Kindly note that in the case of a class cancellation – whether that be because the student cancels their registration or the course does not meet the minimum number of students to go ahead – the cost of the printed study materials is non-refundable.
From June 17th to August 10th, 2024. The hybrid course is comprised of:
- In-person Class: June 15th from 9am to 5:30pm. A one day intensive class in Miami, including a tasting of 10 wines. The exact location within Miami for this in-person class is to be confirmed.
- Webinar Sessions: June 17th to July 29th. Live, interactive classes, where students will have the chance to ask questions and receive answers in real time. The virtual classes will take place once a week on Monday nights via Zoom, from 6 to 8:30/9pm. All sessions will be recorded.
- Review Session and Exam: The exam will be held on August 10th, following a 1.5 hour review session. All WSET Level 3 exams are in Miami, FL.
We will offer a fully in-person version of the WSET Level 3 in Wines qualification beginning in September. Dates to be confirmed.
We are also offering the WSET Level 3 in Wines certification online, with the exam in Miami. Click here.