Alessandra Esteves, Director of Wine Education
“Designed for both wine amateurs as well as hospitality professionals, the school concentrates on all things wine, from taste to business.” – Miami New Times
We have some excellent news for wine lovers and wine professionals living in Florida! Florida Wine Academy will offer the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines in Naples, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach.
This qualification is perfect for people working in restaurants, specialised wine stores and wine enthusiasts, as it provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You will explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Best of all, WSET certifications are recognised worldwide!
Capacity is limited, so please register here.
- The main types and styles of wine available
- Common wine grapes varieties and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- Basic principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Issues related to the safe consumption of wine
All the students that pass the exam will get an official certificate and a lapel pin.
WSET Level 1 Course dates
- April 15th, 2017 at Total Wine Naples (Carillon Place, 5048 Airport Pulling Rd S, Naples, FL 34105)
- April 22nd, 2017 at Wine Watch in Fort Lauderdale (901 Progresso Dr # L11, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304)
- June 17th, 2017 at Total Wine Palm Beach Gardens (Legacy Place, 11221 Legacy Ave, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410)
Florida Wine Academy also offers WSET Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Miami. More info here.
About Florida Wine Academy
Florida Wine Academy is a wine education and consulting business, providing services from its office in Miami, Florida.
FWA conducts regular programs in Florida that lead to globally recognised qualifications from the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET). WSET wine courses are designed for wine enthusiasts and also professionals in the beverage and hospitality industries, with an emphasis on product and business knowledge.
Florida Wine Academy offers consulting and on-site training services. This includes helping restaurants design their wine lists, and training staff on wine pairing, handling, and service.
Additionally, FWA offers services for business, such as seminars & educational tastings and corporate events, as well as for individuals, such as wine cellar management, advice on buying wine (fine and rare, when to taste), auction representation for wine collectors and private tastings.